Monday, March 28, 2005

Rocks and coyotes at Matilija Canyon Ranch

I went for a walk this afternoon, back up Matilija Canyon, past the turn off for Three-fingered Jack's camp. The road gradually gained ground as it wound up the mountain side, with a surprising number of boulders strewn across it since the last ppl cleaned up. Some as big as my torso, which suggested that it might be best not to be trekking boldly along when the next major earthquake strikes.

I came around one hairpin and across a big rock slide, when at the far side a reddish coyote ran from uphill across the road and into the brush. I never glimpsed it again, so pushed on maybe a quarter mile or a bit more when a very cold breeze came up from the mountains to the south, accompanied by big dark clouds, so after admiring the modulations of green and brown on the mountainsides I headed back for lunch.

Over half the ppl here left today, leaving we hard core partiers who all leave tomorrow. I have to get the car back to LAX by four and shall be earlier than that if possible for my 6:00 plane back to God's Country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home