Friday, January 12, 2007

Of Cats and Chameleons

Zack, the Terror of the Ko'olaus had a poor innocent green chameleon cornered by the front door awhile ago, and, not wanting to have to be the one to later pick up any pieces, I came to the feller's rescue. The chameleon's, not Zack's, altho in all such encounters I am rarely sure who would come out best.

Anyway, Zack was disgruntled, and the lizard wasn't a lot happier, so far as I could tell. As I tried to open the door without letting Zack escape to commit further depredations upon the Lizard-American community at large, I knocked my hat off the hook, then dashed out to the lanai with said Citizen in my hand only to have him dash up my arm and up my sleeve. The inside of my sleeve at that. Did I say that green Lizard-Americans have cold toes? Off came the t-shirt, gently, lest said perp get squished, re-captured him (or her), and off to the Birds of Paradise for his release.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home