Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Islamists in Britain attack Galloway

George Galloway, one of the more prominent British opponents of the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, was attacked by Islamists while campaigning yesterday. It wasn't because he wanted to continue Saddam's secular fascist state though. Paul Waugh and Flora Stubbs have the story in the Evening Standard:
The former Labour MP said "the police saved my life" after supporters of radical group Hizb-Ut-Tahrir clashed with members of his Respect party last night...Mr Galloway was electioneering on the Osier council estate in Bethnal Green last night when a gang of 30 Muslim fundamentalists, who claim voting is un-Islamic, surrounded him and his supporters.

The men said they were angry at Mr Galloway's attempt to woo Muslim voters. They said they were "setting up the gallows" for him and warned any Muslim who voted for his anti-war Respect party that they faced a "sentence of death"...

"...I tried speaking calmly. They then said I was parading as a false prophet and served a sentence of death on me. They were claiming I was representing myself as a false deity and for this apostasy I would be sentenced to the gallows," he said.

"They said they were setting up the gallows for me."
I wonder whether anyone is still unclear on the concept here: Islamists (unlike Muslims in general) consider democracy a capital offense. They have stated their belief. They have acted on their stated belief.

Is it possible that even George Galloway will eventually realize the threat such ppl pose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home