Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Off to Idaho

Starting Thursday, posting will be light to nonexistent until early July. I'm leaving for Idaho in a day or two to rendezvous with my girlfriend and meet her family for several days of rafting on the River of No Return (Don't sweat the name: Marilyn Monroe made it back, and she had Indians and Otto Preminger to deal with). If they don't approve of me I may find my pockets filled with rocks and the raft overturned, in which case the emphasis should be on "nonexistent" rather than "light."

Valerie has listed various post-rafting possibilities including an expedition eastward from Arimo to Bear Lake, reporting that "Garden City is on the shores of the lake and is actually the destination cuz they make the best Raspberry shakes in the entire universe." Hard to argue with that.

UPDATE: Said girlfriend has provided a link for all you raspberry aficionados: Click here: Raspberry Lane: Grandma's Kitchen

DOUBLEUPDATE: Any folk art fancier might take after the shop sign in the background of the lower left pic of this competitor of the raspberry shake monger. Shoup shakes are apparently highly regarded by shake cognoscenti.

Now then, I must be attacking the laundry or I won't get out of here 'til Sunday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home