Thursday, October 10, 2013

Patriotic Pushback to the Park "Service"

One restaurant owner in Yorktownrefuses to shut down.
The National Park Service owns the building he uses, so Helseth was ordered to move out within 48 hours when the government shutdown began last week.

"I was called about 9 o'clock Tuesday morning, Oct. 1," Helseth told CBN News. "I was told I had three hours to vacate my restaurant. I was shocked and called back to say I can't quite possibly do that."

He was granted a three-day stay but eventually closed the restaurant. A week later, in defiance of government orders, he reopened for business.
I wonder: Has anyone checked the terms of the various victims' leases to see if the Park "Service" has the right to shut them down?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home